I backed the kickstarter way-back-when and receive 3 themes for a total of two 4x6 foot tables. The tiles themselves are great, the clip together really nicely and are a joy to paint.
And dice don't even bounce all over the place on them...
I pulled some from each and got to work painting them up.
I based them with a flat dark brown spray, then drybrushed them with Calthan brown (custom mixed gallon), a medium brown and lighter brown and then an ivory (hooray craft paint).
I painted all the details and got the scrap piles nice and rusty, before everything got a nice ivory drybrush to make it look all dusty to blend it into the terrain.
before flock, I painted on a solid coat of an acrylic varnish followed by Army Painter matte sealer. Indestructible. I had a tile fall on other tiles from 3 feet up and there wasn't even a hint of damage. So these should withstand years of gaming without need for touchups.
After that, I added 5 layer of fine turf flock and 2 more on top of that of a coarser flock.
Been a busy month, painting and work wise. Been trying to cram as much painting in as I can, and so far, having good results.
Finished off the plaguebearer unit, up to 7 of the buggers.
Finished off the unit of plague marines.
And the unit of Khorne Berserkers.
And because I loved the look from the codex, an Iron Warriors dreadnought.
Continuing with my die cut terrain, this little platform, again, drawn from the original card terrain fro the Necromunda boxed set.
The pump and piping underneath are from Pardulon, and the handrail is some O scale stuff made by Plastruct.
I started playing Warhammer 40K around 1997, dabbling in Fantasy, Gorkamorka, Mordhiem, but my true passion is 40K and as such, has brought me to collect the models I started playing with. So, you'll see a lot of 2nd edition (and older) on here.